Guide to pick from best E-commerce platforms for your business
For any online business, choosing the best e-Commerce platforms makes your business grow substantially. Selecting the best platform is a tedious process but the below details can serve your need better.
Setting up an online e-commerce platform requires some additional effort and many times thorough technical knowledge. Before any online business development, you definitely want to consider how and what products you want to sell on your website.
There is a wide genre and variety of e-commerce platforms but there are a few that are significantly used in building commercial sites. Let’s dig in more to know what qualities they have that make them so popular.
Also Read: Increase Your Website Traffic with Animated Business Video
Shopify is one of the largest platforms used by small and large scaled businesses for e-commerce development. With more than 400,000 businesses using Shopify to power their small and large scale businesses.
- Its intuitive options allow you to set up your platform easily and its “Liquid” tool helps to customize the code itself.
- It provides more than 50 design templates.
- Shopify is SEO ready which is included in all their plans.
- 24/7 email, phone, and chat support provided who knows in and out of Shopify is what they are best known for.
- Affordable pricing and allowance of more than 70 different payment options.
- Security and fraudulent risks are handled by Shopify.
- Social plugins to sell your products on Facebook, Instagram, and other channels.
- Limited design templates to choose from compared to competitors.
- Payment-related things are handled at a separate Shopify subdomain.
- It limits businesses from consumer data.
It is a free plugin available on the WordPress market that can be installed on any WordPress site. Since it is open source, it allows you to modify every inch of your site. With more than 28 million downloads, the Woo commerce platform is growing strong.
- WooCommerce also has simple controls that allow you to make changes as necessary.
- It is user-friendly and mobile-ready.
- Since WooCommerce is combined with the largest content management system (WordPress), it is definitely SEO ready allowing sitemaps, tags, and others to be modified.
- It provides thousands of design templates similar to WordPress.
- If you are already owning a WordPress website, then adding this plugin alone can save a lot of costs.
- Payment options are easily available and can be added up using plugins.
- Allows you to sell via social channels like Facebook.
- You have complete control over consumer data.
- Since it is a plugin, support is limited to WordPress-related issues. However, the solutions for simple problems will be available at support/developer forums.
- For any deeper issues like security, or fraudulence, WooCommerce wouldn’t be responsible and should be handled by you.
- Hosting, SSL certification, and file storage options will be available as provided by your web host.
If you are looking for something between the above two then Magento is your solution. Magento is the most flexible eCommerce platform. Magento provides seamless integration with PayPal and other payment gateways through additional plugins. Serving a professional outlook and a more than 51 million consumer base, Magento is robust yet simple.
- Available in two editions. Free (Community Edition) and paid (Enterprise Edition) serving their own purposes.
- Completely open source allowing you to modify as you wish.
- Thousands of elegant design themes to choose from. Free as well as paid are available.
- Most powerful SEO-ready platform than the competition.
- It is not so user-friendly. So if you are opting for Magento, you should know some technical knowledge or own a good developer.
- For the free version again, the issues related to security should be handled by the consumer itself.
All the above platforms provide unlimited product pages, a unique home page, and different catalogs for products. Apart from these, there are many other eCommerce platforms like OpenCart, PrestaShop, Volusion, Lemonstand, Bigcommerce. They have their own advantages and drawbacks. However, dwelling upon your business needs can help you better choose an eCommerce platform that best satisfies them.
RW Infotech is a Web Development Company based in India, having a hefty team of Web developers, designers, and digital experts. We as a company are focused on what our customer requires and strive hard to turn each one of them happy with our commitment and continuation toward their needs.